My New Stockholm
We represent the new tour named „My new Stockholm“, dedicated to the time of Swedish king Karl XII in the town Bender and village Varnita. The tour can be conducted in Russian, Romanian, English, German and Swedish.
Karl XII fled after the defeat by Poltava to Turkish Empire with the rest of his army. He found a temporary asylum nearby town Bender. His first camp was founded on the left bank of river Dnestr (nowadays Transnistria) in 1709 and existed only several days. The second camp was flooded in 1711. Karl XII lived in his third camp „New Stockholm“, as he himself called it, till 1713. He did not give up the hope for revenge after the defeat by Poltava and stayed within 4 years in Ottoman Empire from where her ruled Sweden. We suggest you to make an entertaining trip through the time to discover many new and interesting facts in the life of Karl XII.
- Visiting the first camp of Karl XII on the left bank of river Dnestr.
- Seeing the second camp.
- Visting the statue of Karl XII in Bender.
- Visiting Bender fortress.
- Visiting the third camp of Karl XII.
- 35€* - Offer for the group from 1 to 4 persons.
- 30€* - Offer for the group from 5 to 18 persons.
- * - for 1 person.
In tour included:
- Transport up to 4 persons.
- Tickets to Bender fortress.
- 2,5-3 hours.